5 Simple Winter Skin Tips:
- Want to stop dry skin weathered by the Winter- without clogging pores? Try a natural oil moisturizer like Avocado, Primrose, or Almond oil. These awesome natural oils will protect, hydrate, & lock in moisture and won't cause breakouts :)
- Don't forget your hands! Did you know that the skin on your hands contains fewer oil glands & the skin is thinner than in many parts of the body, which is why it's more difficult to keep them moisturized and free from cracking during the winter. Wear gloves and if you wear wool gloves, try wearing a thin cotton pair underneath to prevent irritation.
- Protect your skin from Sun damage! It may be Winter, but the Sun's harmful rays can still cause damage that can increase your skin cancer risks and show the signs of aging! Make sure to wear a daily sunscreen- especially to your face & hands- if they are exposed, about 30 mins. before you step outside.
- Skip the wet gloves & socks- not only can they cause discomfort, but they can irritate skn causing eczema flare-ups and cracking :( Materials to avoid? Polyester, nylon, & Merino wool- these can all cause excessive sweating and humidity that will also encourage the growth of bacteria = yuck!
- Exfoliation is definitely important- especially during the winter months where skin can become dry & dull, but avoid those products with a high content of clay, harsh peels & masks, and alcohol-based toners/astringents as these will only draw out more moisture from your skin Go for products that are hydrating and creamier- like a cleansing milk or foaming cleanser. This will aid in improving the natural oils in your skin and increase hydration retention. :)
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
by bon vital
Pink Grapefruit Body Butter
On the hunt for an affordable moisturizer perfect for winter or as a great gift?! Look no further! Bspa by bon vital has a body butter collection of 3 fantastic scents [pink grapefruit pictured above]. This non greasy finish moisturizer will stop dry and cracked skin dead in its tracks, without costing an arm and a leg or containing tons of yucky ingredients. In fact, all 3 body butter scents are formulated without: Phthalates , Sulfates, & Parabens!
This makes this product a great candidate for those even with super sensitive skin :) I love applying this to rougher areas like my feet/heels, hands, & knees- it works like a dream and the light grapefruit scent is just the right hint without being over-powering. It doesn't take much of the product either- a little bit really does go a long way. The best part? Your skin is soft, smooth, and well-hydrated = win!!!