5 Easy Tips for Winter Lips:
- Avoid continually licking lips & over-applying lip balm/other lip care products. You can end up causing more drying out & cracking of your lips, getting the opposite effects of what you're seeking: soft, hydrated lips!
- Take a daily Vitamin E supplement and add foods rich in this vitamin to encourage a moisturized scalp, your lips, & skin. Try: Amonds [27% DV], peanuts [20%], & Sunflower seeds [15% DV] - these snacks all have an "excellent" healthiest food rating according to the U.S FDA.
- Apply a product that contains natural ingredients that will help lock in your lip's natural moisture, without leaving them parched and stressed from the harsh winter environment: Argan, Avocado, Coconut, Flaxseed, Jojoba, Lavender, & Olive oil...just to name a few!
- Although it's Winter, the sun's damaging rays can still cause harm. Make sure not to forget to wear a product containing an sun protection element, such as an SPF of at least 15+. Apply the product at least 15 mins. before going outside.
- Exfoliate!? Yup! This is a vital step, as it removes dead skin and leaves behind smooth, soft lips. This also encourages circulation and suppleness :)
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Handy Candy Wet Wipes
Want an ultra-cute, stylish way to clean your hands while on-the-go? Try these affordable Robin McGraw Revelation wet wipes! Packed with Aloe, Witch Hazel, & Vitamin E they won't dry out hands- plus, they make great stocking-stuffers for anyone on your list...without breaking the bank ;)
Nosey Cozy 3-ply Tissues
[3 pack] $2.45
Have you ever struggled to find an affordable AND cute option for on-the-go tissues during these tough Winter months- or just to have on-hand? These Robin McGraw Revelation NoseyCozy 3-ply tissues come in a 3-pack set and they also happen to come in ultra-cute designs! At such an affordable price, they're made of decent quality and make great stocking-stuffers. As an added bonus, they are super cute too!
Kissy Permissy Breath Mints
These super cute & fun breath mints are in the shapes of X's & O's- plus, they come in an adorable lip-shaped tin that's perfect for storage & makes a great Holiday stocking-stuffer too! For $5, these affordable mints are great for on-the-go & at this price, you can snag one for everyone on your list...and yourself ;) They taste great and aren't too overpowering, but I love snacking on a couple of after a meal for quick breath freshener.