5 Reasons Why Coconut Is Your Skin's Best Friend:
- This awesome natural moisturizer has been proven to be an effective moisturizer- even for the most difficult of skin issues- like Xerosis [characterized by rough, scaly, & itchy skin that's normally associated with a skin barrier function defect] & Atopic Dermatitus. A study conducted in 2004, concluded that not only was it highly effective in showing significant improvements in hydration, but the skin's surface lipid levels were increased as well. Participants also showed better improvement with coconut oil than with mineral oil and there was the absence of adverse reactions in the study illustrates that it's a safe bet for even those with sensitive skin! :)
- The antimicrobial & antifungal benefits are fantastic: the coconut has healing & soothing properties to offer when it comes to reducing the appearance of scars & small wounds or cuts. A clinical study conducted in 2010 evaluated these effects through a topical application of virgin coconut oil. The antioxidant levels not only increased in the test subjects, but a higher turnover rate of collagen production was found as well. Coconut oil has been used in traditional medicine for years as an effective agent for the treatment of dermal infections.
- Want a natural way to improve those pesky signs of aging? Try the coconut! Coconut oil & extracts are high in antioxidants and help to fight the signs of aging such as: fine lines and wrinkles, fine lines, elasticity!
- Get luminous skin that's brighter, healthier, & doesn't show the effects of the harsh winter environment! Prevent dull, lifeless, and stressed skin with the Coconut and as an added bonus? You can do it naturally by using this awesome tree nut of the coconut palm :)
- It's more than just a skincare maven! The coconut has more than just skin benefits and there are quite a few: great for heart disease, IBS, Alzheimer's disease, an improvement in quality of life for those with breast cancer, thyroid conditions, energy, & also wonderful for boosting the immune system naturally! Find out more >here<.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Hand & Body Lotion
Want an affordable body lotion that's affordable and makes the perfect holiday beauty gift for any skin type or age? This is an excellent choice! Non-greasy with unrefined virgin coconut oil & shea butter, you won't be disappointed by the moisturizing power of this inexpensive hand & body lotion. If you've been struggling with the effects of Winter including: dry, rough, & chapped skin- this is the lotion for you :) Also void of: parabens, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates, petrolatum, artificial colors, synthetic fragrances, & phthalates it's great for even sensitive skin too!
Foaming Shower Oil
*Amazon.com w/Prime membership pricing!
Get the best of both worlds with this Coconut smoothing foaming shower oil from Jason- it's an indulgent yet gentle cleansing foam once it comes in contact with water. What you end up with is a luxurious lather! The formula contains a unique blend of botanical oils that will lift away dirt and rejuvenate dull, dry skin :) With the scent of tropical coconut, you achieve smooth, hydrated skin- without the oily or greasy residue left on your floor or your skin! The scent isn't overpowering either- there are subtle hints that make it just the right balance.