Before You Use Retinol, Use These Simple Tips:
- If you have sensitive skin, start with using a product containing Retinol every 3 days for at least a couple of weeks. By the 3rd week, try using the product every 2 days for at least a week and by 4th week- use the product every other day. If you don't see any irritation at this time, then you can go for daily application by the 5th week.
- Avoid using Retinol in combination with other skincare products containing ingredients like: benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, & resorcinol. These can cause irritation that can be severe!
- When using products that have Retinol, you do want to reduce your sun exposure and if you can't avoid this, make sure to wear proper clothing to reduce exposure, in addition to sun protection products such as an SPF product. Also, skip applying Retinol products in the a.m.
- If you do notice that your skin becomes red or becomes itchy, dry, peeling, and/or irritated then you can reduce the frequency with which you apply the product and apply a daily moisturizer both day & night.
- When it comes to products containing Retinol, make sure to keep them tightly closed and stored and in a cool & dark place so as to ensure their lifetime as long as possible. These types of products tend to have a lesser lifetime due to the Retinol containing formula that can break down at a quick rate- especially if not packaged, sealed, and stored well!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Retinol Active Skincare
PM Night Cream .5%
This is one of the best Retinol night creams that I've found and True Results once again, delivers their promise of bringing a quality product that really does show actual results! I've seen a real improvement on my fine lines/wrinkles around my mouth and forehead. The creamy texture is lightweight and won't clog pores, but it does help improve collagen production that speeds up cell turnover! That means that you're not only fighting the signs of aging- you're turning back the clock as well :) Great for reducing pore size, evening skin tone, and improving skin's texture too!
Retinol Active Skincare
Sunblock SPF 50
If you've been hunting for an all-around quality facial SPF that won't clog pores or cause irritation, this is the way to go! I love that this product doesn't have an annoying scent and won't leave behind a greasy feeling either :) What it does do is protect and moisturize my skin, leaving it soft and protected from the sun's harmful effects! Great to wear in combination with the True Results Retinol Active Skincare collection, you won't be disappointed in the quality of this facial sunblock.