5 Simple Ways to Ease Holiday Stress:
- Seek professional advice or even the comfort of a close friend or family member; you might be surprised to discover that others are just as stressed during the Holidays as you are :0 It's also super helpful to know that you have the support of others and it can reduce the overwhelming feelings that can sometimes overtake us all at one time or another during a time like the busy Holiday season.
- Keep up a regular, healthy routine as best you can. Try getting a normal amount of sleep as regularly as possible and stick with a decent diet. Take at least 15 mins. out of the day to sit down and do something that you find relaxing- whether it's listening to music, browsing an online shopping site, or soaking in a nice hot bubble bath after a long work day, this is a good way to diminish stress.
- Exercise! You can go for some quick, easy, & smart ways to exercise at work. Find 33 of them >here> with this guide from Deskercise! Yoga at-home for 15-30 mins. up to 3 times a week is also another fantastic way to reduce stress levels and help you relax :) Looking for a simple 15 min. yoga routine that even beginners can use? Find it on Real Simple >here<! Ea. slide contains quality pictures & instructions for ea. exercise featured.
- Enjoy a nice sit-down with that special someone or family, around the fireplace. No fireplace? That's okay! Try this realistic app >here< in the iTunes App Store! Fix up mugs of homemade hot chocolate by using the following easy recipe from momables.com: 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder * 1/2 cup granulated sugar * 1/3 cup hot water * 1/8 tsp. salt * 4 cups dairy/non-dairy milk * 1 tsp vanilla extract > Combine the cocoa, sugar, water, & salt in a medium saucepan & over medium heat, constantly stir the mixture until it's boiling. Cook the boiling mixture for 1 min. & then stick in the milk, but don't allow it to boil. Once you've removed the pan from the heat, add the vanilla & stir well. Add a couple of extra large marshmallows & serve immediately = yum! :)
- Take a 12-30 mins. to yourself and sit down with a home-made DIY non-alcoholic cocktail and read your fav. magazine or ebook for a bit! BookBub has a great platform that you can sign up for >here< with your email and by setting up your preferences like your fav genres & authors, followed by an account password. There are several ebooks offered at super low prices and there are FREE ones as well! Want a quick & awesome non-alcoholic cocktail recipe that's perfect for the Holidays? Check out this one from Jacqueline @ allrecipe.com, below:
- 1/2 cup of ice [or as much as you desire!]
- 8 fl. ounces of chilled cranberry juice.
- 2 fl. ounces of black raspberry sparkling water.
- 1 lime wedge, thinly sliced
Fill Glass with ice and then add the cranberry juice, followed by the sparkling water. Finish the cocktail with the lime wedge ;)
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Home Fragrance Sticks
I'm a big fan of home fragrance- especially when it comes to fragrance sticks of candles. It's hard to find decent quality sticks/candles though these days, with so many on the market! Plus, the ones that are of good quality, usually cost entirely too much! Rituals does a nice job of balancing the two, leaving you with a quality product that's mid-priced and makes a wonderful Holiday gift too!
Each set comes well-boxed in a tall sealed can that includes a glass bottle, screw-on decorative lid, and several natural sticks that can be placed into the bottle containing the Hammam Secret scent. These long-lasting fragrance sticks can last 3 months or longer- if you don't turn them once they are placed inside the their decorative bottle. There are also min-versions which come in at a bit lower of a price-point, at around $21.50 ea. in 4 different scent options.
Lotus Secret Scented Candle
I can't rave enough about Rituals...'s candles! They're fantastics! I love this Lotus Secret scent- plus, the candle has lasted f-o-r-e-v-e-r thus far- I've been using this one every day since it arrived over a week ago and it's yet to be used up [I currently have over 1/4 of it left :o]. That's saying something considering that I tend to go through candles quite easily at times, especially if they aren't made with real quality ingredients. There are also several other fantastic scents if Lotus Secret isn't really your style and each candle will burn at least 50 hours. Perfect for a Holiday gift for anyone on your list, each candle also comes nicely boxed :)