Top 5 Nail Trends for Winter 2016:
1. Sunset Tones:
Think sunset meets tribal with neutral layered tones- go vertical for an added twist [like pictured on the above, top left].
2. Textured Pastels:
Go for fun, flirty pretty pastel shades and unique textured designs [like pictured above] for a beautiful Winter twist that looks great with any outfit :)
3. Line it up!
Go for think single striped lines that are vertically angled across the nails or try for double-lined chevrons on the ends of nails as pictured in the above center picture. Think think, squared, and angular- in black, white, or red shades.
Graphic art is definitely in this winter season for nails and almost anything goes! Think fun & futuristic with darker shades in blues & metallics.
5. Marble Nail Art:
One of my fav nail trends this season, the marble nail look is right on trend for Winter :) This year's twist seen on various runways include shades of silver, grey, black, metallics, & white marbled versions.
How to Do in 5 Steps:
- Apply a base coat first and then 1 coat of a pre-chosen shade.
- Take the shade that want to appear as the marbled top and apply tiny drops throughout the nail [you can use a toothpick!]
- Take your pre-chosen shade that you applied 1 coat to your nails with in Step 1 and apply tiny dots on top of the previously applied dots already now on your nails.
- You can now take a clean toothpick or nail detailing tool/brush and then swirl the colors to create the desired amount of marble effect. For an extra-unique look: you may also dip your tool into nail polish remover and then "squiggle" this across the swirls you've already created to make a "blurred" look that also ends up with more of a matte finish.
- Finish off with your fav top coat! :)
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Lauren b. Beauty
South of the Blvd. Nail Polish
I'm a huge collector of nail polish in general and I'm particular about snagging polishes that are made with quality formulas that last. I love the unique hard-to-find shades that the Lauren b. Beauty collection offers with fun names like South of the Blvd. and Mandeville Maven, there's a shade for everyone :)
Lauren b. Beauty
Mandeville Maven Nail Polish
Quick-drying, chip-resistant, and long-lasting you get what you pay for with this quality polish- plush, the streak-free formula and well-designed cap allows for precise application and more control for a mirror-like salon-like finish. Each polish is non-toxic, TPHP-free, formaldehyde-free, toluene-free, vegan-friendly, and made here in the U.S. too :)