Looking for a bit of DIY Beauty Fun While Home for the Holidays?...
Check out this DIY Holiday Soap Recipe!
What you need:
- 6 oz. of 100% Pure Organic Black African Soap
- 2 oz. of Organic 100% Pure Cocoa Butter
- 3 Teaspoons 100% Certified Organic Argan Oil
- 15-20 drops of 100% Pure Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1/4 cup of dried Red Rose Petals
- 1.5 teaspoons of Chlorella powder [for a touch of green!]
- Medium saucepan.
- Holiday-shaped plastic-lined molds- I've found that the best for soaps are: Candy canes, ornament shapes, & stars,
- Cut up the Black African Soap & Cocoa butter bars into tiny cubes or shave using a cheese grater.
- Dump the grated/cut-up soap & cocoa butter bars into a medium saucepan and melt entirely, over medium heat.
- Add the Chlorella powder [for a fun green Holiday touch!] or several drops of food coloring until you reach the desired shade of green.
- Then add the Argan oil & Peppermint Essential oils, stir to combine.
- Once the mixture has been thoroughly melted and mixed, pour the mixture into your molds
- Add your dried Red Rose petals to each soap by lightly sprinkling on top of ea. mold.
- Allow the molds to cool & set for at least 24-32 hrs.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Mary Tylor Naturals
100% Pure Organic Black African Soap
This works perfectly with the recipe provided above and is also great for other DIY at-home soap recipes that require an affordable, quality organic African Black Soap. You won't spend an arm-and-a-leg with Mary Tylor's version and it comes in a variety of sizes to accommodate any recipe or order! It comes in a sealed, reseable bag and contains raw imported black soap from Ghana, Africa that also contains cocoa pod powder. This powder has high content levels of anti-inflammatory & antioxidant ingredients like Vitamins A & E, which helps fight plaguing skin issues like eczema and acne.
Mary Tylor Naturals
100% Pure Organic Kosher Cocoa Butter
Not only is this awesome Cocoa butter perfect to use in the DIY Holiday Soap recipe featured today here at The Beauty Closet, it's great for use with other DIY natural soap, lotion, & other skincare items too. Rich in fatty acids and a higher concentration of antioxidants than blueberries, it's great for skin, hair, & scalp moisturization :) Good for reducing the pain and stress on your skin after a sunburn & improving the sight of stretchmarks, is this natural ingredient's trademark!