Holiday Lemon-Mint Natural Lip Balm Recipe:
What you need:
- Shea Butter
- Jojoba Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Lemon Oil
- Zinc Oxide Powder
- Rose Petals*
- Spearmint Leaves*
- Medium Saucepan
- Pyrex measuring cup or sm. glass beaker
- Lip Balm Containers
*For a fun seasonal touch!
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons beeswax [from a bar or pellets].
- 1 Tablespoon Shea butter.
- 1 Tablespoon Jojoba oil.
- 10 drops of Peppermint essential oil.
- 10 drops of Lemon essential oil.
- 2 Teaspoons Zinc Oxide powder.
- Take the Beeswax & Shea butter and combine in a glass beaker or Pyrex measuring cup and place in the bottom of a medium saucepan with about 1.5 .
- Stir until melted.
- Add the Jojoba oil and make sure completely melted & mixed.
- Remove from the heat and add the essential Peppermint & Lemon oils and combine.
- Lastly, add in the Zinc Oxide powder.
- Pour into your lip balm tubes [makes 8-10].
- *Optional > add in dried rose petals & dried spearmint leaves in every other tube for a fun, season touch and flavor!
- Allow to completely set and dry for 24 hrs.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Mary Tylor Naturals
Zinc Oxide Powder
Perfect for the above recipe, this affordable powder makes it easy to create your very own DIY products like rash creams, sunscreens, lotions, facial scrubs, and more! You can snag a 1lb. for just under $16 and comes in a reseable plastic storage bag. FDA approved and made in the U.S., these uncoated non-mano Zinc Oxide particles can't enter the bloodstream and is Pharmaceutical grade & safe to use with no additives.
Mary Tylor Naturals
Organic 100% Pure Yellow Beeswax Bars
Thesee quality mini one ounce bars are perfect for the above recipe and easy to cut up and combine with other DIY skincare items. Quality 100% pure Beeswax that melts into a golden yellow and melts well :) Hand poured in the New York shop here in the U.S., this quality Beeswax is affordable and arrives in a reusable bag for storage too!