5 Easy Tips to Stop Dandruff:
- Avoid foods high in unhealthy fats [i.e. fast food], sugar, caffeine, & sodium as they can often affect the hydration & health of your skin, scalp, & hair. Go for foods rich in Omega-3's, Zinc, & Vitamin B6- like: Walnuts, Pumpkin & Flax Seeds, and Pistachios.
- Skip the long, super-hot showers and when indoors, try using a humidifier in order to keep an equilibrium inside, preventing ultra-dry air that can rob your skin & scalp of vital moisture.
- When you do need to brave the outside Winter weather, cover up and protect your head, scalp, & neck by donning a scarf and cap- skip the wool as it won't help since it tends to sweat and harbor bacteria.
- Itching & want to scratch? Don't! This will only irritate your scalp more and cause flaking and scaling :/ Try using a natural moisturizer and massaging into the scalp on an every-other-day basis, like Argan or Avocado oil :)
- At least twice weekly, wash your scalp & hair with a clarifying shampoo that removes the unwanted dead skin & product build-up that's more common during the winter months.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Dandrene High-Performance Dandruff Shampoo
There are a LOT of dandruff products out on the market and most of them are okay at best, but many don't quite deliver what they promise and often fall short of their claims. However, this awesome dandruff shampoo from DS Laboratories is a quality, high-performance shampoo that does exactly what it says it will do: eliminate an ultra-dry scalp & hair, stop dandruff dead in its tracks, and prevents the constant bothersome oiliness that often accompanies a scalp affected by dandruff. What sets it apart from others is that it inhibits Malassezia fungi that causes scaling and controls the sebum that feeds this fungi, which in turns make the scalp greasy.
Packed with Amino Acids and plant extracts, Dandrene does just what it promises: it eliminates dandruff without causing over-drying or stress on your scalp or hair. Ultra gentle, this is safe for most skin types and color-treated hair as well :) Stop itching, scratching, redness, & even odor that's caused by dandruff- without using harmful & harsh ingredients that do little good against the root of the issue! This is one of the best dandruff shampoos I've come across = highly recommend :)