Top Beauty Fav's from Olympians:
Being an Olympic athlete in today's world, brings on a multitude of challenges and Olympians have to be at the top of their game in order to take home a medal. To keep up with these demands, athletes go to great lengths to take care of their bodies, skin, and health. So how do they do it? Check out some of the top female Olympic athletes who offer up some of their beauty fav's, below:
- SHAVING: Katie Zaferes [Triathlete] Her favorite razor actually happens to be a razor designed for men! The Men's Schick Hydro 5 is one that she swears by and instead of moisturizer, she goes for a lightweight formula from Endurance Shield: High Performance Sunblock SPF 45.
- AT-HOME SCRUB/EXFOLIATOR: Gabby Douglas [U.S. gymnast] makes her own exfoliating scrub by combining raw sugar, eucalyptus, & honey; this easy natural DIY scrub helps keep her skin glowing & ultra smooth!
- MOISTURIZER: Haley Anderson [U.S. women's swim team] likes to moisturize after every pool training session in order to keep her skin becoming dried out by the chlorine & sun. Her top pick is Palmer's Cocoa Butter; she also loves applying Chapstick to her brows before taking a dip- this prevents over-drying of her brows :)
- DEODORANT: Kelly Griffin [U.S. women's Rugby team] is a big fan of Tom's of Maine Deodorant and having been a fan of this brand myself, I can see why. It isn't chalked full of unhealthy ingredients, smells great, and it's affordable as well!
- CONDITIONER: Lea Davison [Two-time Olympic mountain biker] has recently snagged up the new Pantene Truly Natural Deep Conditioner since it's been helping her combat the Rio humidity and has been aiding in taming the dreaded "helmet hair".
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
SinfulShine Rio Flare Collection
*Walmart, Kroger, & Albertson's pricing!
- Bananappeal [tropical yellow]
- Most Sinful [vibrant blue]
- Pincante [fiery red]
- Pink Pintura [Limited Edition powerful pink]
- Rise & Shinier [exotic Limited Edition green]
- Samba-Dy To Love [Limited Edition deep purple]
- Step 2 Top Coat = Over-the-Top Shine
At around $3 a piece, these bright & affordable nail polishes from SinFulColor's Rio Flare Collection are a fun way to get in the Olympic spirit. They also happen to be perfect shades for Fall ;) Formulated without Toluene, Formaldehyde, & DBP- these inexpensive nail polishes are a great option for any age!
What I like about this system is the 2-step option that allows for you to apply one of the bright shades [step 1] and then follow that application up with a coat of the shine top-coat [step 2]. The end results mean you get a lasting polish with ultra-shine and salon-looking quality.