5 Easy Ways to Natural Whiten Teeth:
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon & Baking Soda: Mix a tiny amount of baking soda with a bit of freshly made lemon juice; brush the mixture lightly on all of your teeth and leave it on for up to 1 min. before thoroughly rinsing. Make sure not to overdo it with application and only go for twice monthly on this at-home treatment; this will ensure you do not damage tooth enamel.
- Oil Pulling: This ancient remedy is a unique, natural method for achieving whiter teeth & a cleaner mouth. Preferable oils are: sesame, sunflower, & coconut oils. Take about 1/8 cup of oil and swish around your mouth for up to 15 mins [you can start with just a couple of mins. on the first treatment and then work your way up to the total amount of suggested mins. over the course of 2 weeks]. Make sure to rinse your mouth with water afterwards and then try to drink at least 1 glass of water after each daily treatment as well.
- Eat some Strawberries/Berries, Nuts, Celery, or fresh cut Carrots & Apples: Strawberries [& other berries] are super high in Vitamin C & malic acid; both of those ingredients will help remove surface stains and aid in removing some plaque. As for the crunchy foods like nuts or freshly cut carrots, they help in removing food particles & bacteria due to their textures.
- Brush with Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a fav among many natural DIYers and many claim that it brings them professional-looking results. You do want to be extra careful with this approach as it can damage your enamel if left on too long or not thoroughly rinsed immediately after each treatment. I recommend only doing this once a month, diluting a bit, and then gently brushing all of your teeth; ensure to rinse completely with water and then brush your teeth with a regular non-fluoride toothpaste.
- Hydrogen Peroxide & Baking Soda: Combine both ingredients by making a paste; start with a small amount of baking soda and then mix in a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide [one at a time] until you have a medium/thinned out paste. Brush with the paste, leave on for up to 1 min. and then rinse. Follow with your regular tooth-brushing regimen.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Creme de Peppermint
I was pleasantly surprised at how much I ended up loving this toothpaste and it's become my new go-to daily toothpaste :) Many similar natural products didn't seem to really cleanse my teeth very well or didn't taste that wonderful. I don't have any issues with this natural toothpaste at all!
This toothpaste not only has a wonderful taste and texture, but it foams up nicely and leave your mouth and teeth feeling ultra clean. The best part? It's formulated without fluorides & carrageenan, sulfates, soy, parabens, artificial flavors & sweeteners- plus it's non GMO & vegan! The easy-to-use squeeze tube allows for easy storage as it sits nicely on its cap.
Fluoride Free Toothpaste $6.09*
*List pricing! Snag these @ Walmart, Target, & other retailers for around $4.50+ ea.
Although designed for kids, this great-tasting toothpaste is a product that the entire family can enjoy. The easy-to-use, mess-free gel formula has a great cherry taste and is also fluoride-free :) Aloe, Ginger, & Bisabolol aid in soothing irritation and inflammation, with silica acting as a gentle polish to remove stains.
What really stands out for me with this toothpaste, is that it contains natural flavoring & antioxidants that make it actually good for maintaining excellent oral health-without harmful ingredients! This toothpaste comes in squeeze tube as well, which is perfect for younger users- this means less mess too ;)