Breast Cancer Facts & Fiction:
- MYTH: Women under the age of 40 aren't really at risk of developing breast cancer. The answer is actually NO. In fact, there were over 10,000 new invasive cases in women under the age of 40, of breast cancer in 2015.
- FACT: There are typically no signs or symptoms present. When the tumor is small, even traditional screenings can miss smaller tumors. It's best to speak with a medical professional at the very first signs of any noticeable changes with your breasts.
- FACT: Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in US women. It makes up 29% of newly diagnosed cancers.
- MYTH: The risks for developing breast cancer are: age, family history, and genetics. Although these are pertinent factors, they are not the only risks that can come into play: Benign breast disease, breast density, abnormal hormone levels, fertility drugs, early menstrual cycles, bone mineral density, hormonal birth control, diet, physical activity, and even more factors.
- MYTH: A mammography is a 100% effective method for detecting breast cancer. Even though this is a very good tool to utilize, not all types of breast cancer can be screen-detected with a mammography and those that are, could be subject to a poor prognosis. Other methods include: MRI [Magnetic Resonance Imaging] and a Breast ultrasound.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
in Hot Pink
I've come across various versions of this item in the past and some of them were okay at best, but not always as impressive as I'd hoped. Fortunately though, I gave Travalo a chance :) Their Classic HD version is fantastic and I definitely plan on picking up a couple of their other options too! They have over up 6 other varieties that range in size, color, and a lux option- the Travalo Milano [$45].
The Milano is a lux leatherette with crafted & polished metal accents so you can spritz on any of your fav scents you want- in style! Snag this affordable way to store any of your favorite scents and take it with you on-the-go in Hot Pink in any of the following Travalo versions and Travalo will donate 25% of the sale to the cause of spreading Breast Cancer Awareness: the Excel, Classic HD, & Milano models.
What I really love about Travalo's models- like the one pictured above, is that it's super easy to use on the very first attempt and it doesn't make a mess. You simply choose your favorite scent [just make sure it has a spray-type nozzle!] and remove the top cap covering the nozzle. While holding upright, you then want to place the Travalo over the uncovered fine tip of your perfume bottle making sure that it's fit in securely.
Use quick short bursts/depressions of the bottle's nozzle and you will begin to see the scent gather up above, in the reservoir window in your Travalo. The entire process will take a couple of minutes, at most. Their Classic HD model can hold up to 5 ml. or 65 sprays :) High crafted out of quality aluminum and small enough to fit in the smallest of handbags, it's an affordable & affordable option that allows you to take along your fav scent anywhere you please!