Want to Keep That Sun-Kissed Look Into Fall?
As a fair-skinned gal who's prone to burning easily, I made the choice many years ago to avoid prolonged sun exposure and decided to go for other options. Not only does continual sun & tanning bed exposure cause premature aging, the risks of skin cancer are greatly increased. So what are your best options? There are several types & brands of sunless tanning products out on the market and I've tried quite a few of them myself. Find out more about the various types available, which methods are best, and check out one of my top picks too, from Million Dollar Tan!
- MOUSSES: One of my favorite application types! It's easy to deal with- less mess, even application, and lightweight formula makes the end results perfect every time. This also works on all skin types, won't clog pores, and is ultra gentle as well. Can last week +!
- DRY OIL SHIMMER: Usually come in lighter, shimmery shades that can be applied for an instant glow and then easily washed off at the end of the day. Whats' awesome about this one, is it can be worn alone or on top of another fantastic sunless tanning product; this gives an additional product an extra boost :)
- CREAMS: This is one of the most common forms of application and if the product is produced with good quality ingredients, it can be a great sunless tanning option. I've also found that they can produce shades that last the longest. You do however want to apply sparingly in rough areas like the knees or elbows.
- GRADUAL LOTION: I love this method because it allows for you to build upon your tan and adjust the shade depending on how much & how often you apply. It's also the perfect solution for those like myself, who are fair-skinned as this type of technique tends to avoid the "orange" end of the spectrum.
- BLENDING MITT: If you want an easy, mess-free way to apply your sunless tanning product- this is one of my top methods! You will end up with even, streak-free application & results every time- plus, your hands won't end up being stained :)
- BLENDING BRUSH: Usually composed of foam or other unique application materials, these also tend to have an attached plastic or wooden handle to make applying sunless tanning products without getting it on your hands...OR making a huge mess! You can become a blending master with this foolproof method.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Million Dollar Tan
~ Mousse ~
[Rich, Ultra-Bronze Tones w/Natural Sheen]
If you've been on the hunt for a quality sunless tanning product that's composed of a lightweight, easy-to-apply formula- that isn't chalked full of yucky ingredients...this is the product for you :) This awesome product contains NO parabens, fillers and contains raw, organic DHA with TANLock Tan Perfecting Technology.
The unique Million Dollar Tan blend helps you tan last longer, keep its radiance, and fades evenly. The added Deoplex component also helps balance odor by neutralizing it. What you end up with is natural, deep bronzed results. Give it about 8 hrs before taking a shower with this one and you can end up with at least a week if not more out of just one application.
I love the easy-to-use bottle that allows for mess-free application and it's perfectly-designed for its light, mousse-like texture. Want a great product to help you apply this awesome product- without the mess? The downside? This is a Limited-Edition item, so I'm not sure how long it will be up for grabs- the site states that it's only as long as the product is in supply! Check out my 2nd recommended product today, from Million Dollar Tan:
Million Dollar Tan
Blend Friend Body Mitt Set
Hands down, one of the BEST application methods I've discovered yet! Not only does this unique blending mitt make applying any sunless tanning product an absolute dream, but it's the only one of its kind that I've seen. The material feels like a cross between an ultra soft foam, combined with a rubber that can retain its shape- it's almost like having a second skin! Million Dollar Tan's mitt set comes with a drawstring pouch and 2 sizes: one for blending on the body and one mitt for the face.
They are quite comfortable to wear as well and make application a much easier, almost fool-proof process. What you get, is fantastic results: an even, ultra-smooth, and awesomely-blended perfect sun-kissed glow- every time :)
Once you're done applying your sunless tanning product, you can gently rinse the mitts under warm water and then lay them flat to dry. They are quite durable for application, but per the instructions I would advise carefully rinsing off your mitts as they are a specialized material and you don't want to damage them.
I haven't had an issues thus far with wear & tear. It seems they would last quite a while as long as I wash them and treat them with care- which is perfectly fine with me...these are seriously the best method of sunless tanning application that I've found = MUST give these a try! Makes a great, affordable gift and is an excellent choice for those with sensitive skin too.