Temporary Hair Color Techniques:
Noticed a bit of roots showing lately or just trying to banish some grey? You may not always have the cash on hand or the time to make it to the stylist, but that doesn't mean your stuck ;) I'm a huge fan of temporary hair products- for their costs and easy wash-out formulas, they are great options! Check out my top 5 techniques for spray-on temporary hair color products, below...PLUS- don't miss out on today's recommended product from EverPro! This one's perfect for those with light to dark blonde shades.
- Make sure to start out right, beginning with the washing & conditioning of your hair! Utilize a clarifying shampoo & a deep-conditioning treatment to leave your hair cleansed, yet moisturized.
- Towel-dry hair and completely dry, then style your hair- but skip on the products until you're applied the color AND it's dried. If you do need to use a bit of product during the styling process, try to use sparingly as other products can prevent equal dispersion of the color!
- In general, I try to remember that these products tend to stain if they get on your skin, clothes, and surroundings. Keeping that in mind, will help prevent a mess. I usually place a towel on top of my shoulders/around my neck, while also wearing a t-shirt that I don't mind getting a bit of color on. Avoid carpeted areas too and go for a hardwood or linoleum, which means you can easily clean up.
- To get the BEST results: hold the can about 10-12 inches from your head and ensure that you hold the can upright [shake the can vigorously for 10-15 sec. beforehand!]. Try going for short, even bursts of spray. You can apply up to 3 coats, but make sure to allow for drying between each coat- completely! A good rule of thumb is 3-5 min. drying time after each application.
- Don't sleep in the product! I avoid this as it tends to dry out my scalp, move onto my skin, pillow, clothes, etc...which just ends of making a mess. It's designed to be washed out after usage and I highly recommend following this suggestion as well :) Remember, you can always apply this quick fix again- but the staining it can leave behind might be permanent :/
The Beauty Closet Recommends
Absolutely LOVE this product! Not only is it a super affordable option, but it does an excellent job of providing good coverage for blondes! This is a rarity for blondes, as I've personally discovered ;) What I usually come across just doesn't work or my hair ends up with a shade that's high on the orange end of the scale.
You get just the opposite with this awesome product! The shade is natural and I found the Medium Blonde to be an excellent match to my usual blonde highlights :) The pinpointed nozzle helps in making application a cinch as it allows for even yet directed spraying.
I also haven't noticed any flaking or issues when sweating, but it will easily wash out with your regular hair cleansing routine. Back2Blonde comes in 3 different shade levels and for just around $13, this product is def a deal! If you have blonde hair, want to cover up roots or gray, or just want to add in a bit of blonde highlights for fun- this is the product I'd go for!
W/ THE BEAUTY CLOSET'S NEMESIS TOUR STOP!
Tune in on 10/04 to see who wins PLUS, The Beauty Closet will be sharing beauty tips on how you can achieve Sepora's look pictured on the cover art below:
Check Our The Beauty Closet's Latest Giveaway Launching Today!
ONE Lucky Winner Gets:
- A $25 Ulta Gift Card
- A Finished Copy of NEMESIS
A SECOND LUCKY FINALIST WILL BE SELECTED FOR:
Author Anna Banks will be selecting TWO winners from a pool of finalists from her blog tour and EACH blog is allowed ONE finalist to be selected! Check out what you get a chance to win below:
- A chance to win a tour-wide prize from author of NEMESIS, Anna Banks- that includes:
- An Egyptian Bib Collar Necklace AND a Silver Serpen Armband!