Quick & Easy Tips to Get Voluminous Hair for Valentine's Day:
- Skip on newly-washed locks! :0 It's actually a bit easier to achieve ultra-volume with your hair if it's a bit on the unwashed side. Try washing your hair the day before going for this style- your curls will hold longer and you will have less frizz!
- Stay away from products high in alcohol and other yucky ingredients that will only cause dryness, frizz, and they tend to leave your hair looking 'flat' - just the opposite of what you're going for.
- Get the proper tools of the trade: make sure you have a good 1"-2" curling iron [tourmaline & ceramic are good choices], well-ventilated barrel brush, ionic hair dryer with diffuser attachment, large heated soft curlers, & a wide-toothed pick.
- Utilize heat protectorant products before using high-heat tools like your curling iron or curlers to stop frizz dead in its tracks. Follow this application, with a bit of curl activator balm or cream to help keep curls locked in.
- Finish off your voluminous style by flipping over your head and applying a quarter-sized amount of curl taming lotion; then run your fingers lightly through your hair to evenly dispense the product. Flip your head back over and finish with holding spray or high-hold hairspray to lock in curls & tame frizziness.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Rose Gold Professional Thermal Brush 1.75"
I'm a big fan of rose gold items in general- I love the look of them and I have snagged various items featuring the rose gold look over recent years. It's no surprise that I happen to LOVE these brushes from Revlon from the Rose Gold Pro Collection! The one featured above, is perfect for helping to achieve ultra volume! I also love the affordability @ just around $5 per brush ;) I get awesome lift with this brush and it's great for getting voluminous hair for Valentine's Day!
Pro Collection Soft Feel Curling Iron Pink 1"
Get shiny, frizz-free curls that last- without burning or hurting your hands! Featuring a professional soft feel handle with Tourmaline & Ceramic Technologies, you'll get smooth, shiny, voluminous curls..sans all the stress or huge price ;) Goes up to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit with adjustable heat settings, power light indicator, and a 30 sec. heat-up time making this iron a fully featured tool ready at a moment's notice. If you're worried about leaving it on- that's covered too with the automatic shut-off function! There's also tangle-free swivel professional cord & cool tip to prevent burns which makes this curling iron from Revlon a good buy- for all of the features it offers for just around $25, this is definitely a well-priced hair tool that you'll want to snag!